Zionist Occupation’s Tank, Aircraft Attack Gaza Security Posts

The Israeli military says an aircraft and a tank have targeted two security posts in the besieged Gaza Strip.

The attack on Thursday night had no casualties, Reuters reported, citing residents of the Palestinian coastal enclave, Press TV reported.

The Israeli army claimed that the attack was a response to rocket attacks from Gaza earlier in the day. Israel holds Hamas responsible for the rocket attack.

However, no claim of responsibility has so far been made by Hamas.

 Reuters said the al-Tawheed Brigades claimed responsibility for the missile launches from Gaza.

The Gaza Strip has been under an Israeli siege since June 2007. The blockade has caused a decline in the standards of living as well as unprecedented levels of unemployment and unrelenting poverty.

The Israeli regime denies about 1.8 million people in Gaza their basic rights, such as freedom of movement, jobs with proper wages as well as adequate healthcare and education. The Tel Aviv regime has also waged several wars on Gaza since 2008. Thousands of Gazans have been killed or maimed in the Israeli wars and a significant portion of infrastructure has been destroyed.

Israeli attacks like the one on Thursday have been taking place on a regular basis since the regime’s latest war on Gaza in early July 2014.

The development came a day after US President Donald Trump said he would recognize al-Quds as the new capital of Israel, escalating tensions in the occupied Palestinian territories.

H.M

You might also like
Latest news
Britain calls on Israel to respect the territorial integrity of Syria The U.S. Embassy in Syria praises the civilized role of Syrians living in America Solidarity vigils with the families of the martyrs of Daraa throughout Syria Demonstration in Moadamiyet al Sham A vigil for the people of Khan Sheikhoun commemorating the 8th anniversary of the chemical massacre Al Sheibani :On the anniversary of the chemical attack on Khan Sheikhoun (Idlib)we pledge to continu... Al Sheibani welcomes decision of Human Rights Council Civil delegations visit the city of Nawa to offer condolences to the martyrs families and community ... Turkey Warns Against Israeli Actions in Syria, Citing Risks to Regional Stability and Counterterrori... A protest in the city of Sweida condemning the Israeli attacks Minister al-Ali  discusses with Syrian doctors  in Germany ways to support the health sector Eid al-Fitr Initiative " a message of hope and love for children and families” The organization of Islamic Cooperation condemns the ongoing Israeli attacks on Syrian territory The health sector in Gaza is suffering a catastrophic situation Kuwaiti Foreign Ministry condemns Israeli attacks on Syria          Turkey holds Israel responsible for threatening regional security First phase of prisoner exchange deal between the government and the SDF completed Repeated Israeli raids on Syria receive wide condemnation Presidential Decree announcing the ministerial formation of the government of the Syrian Arab Republ... United Nations condemns repeated Israeli escalation in Syria