Zionist Entity Attacks Ruin Gaza Infrastructure

Almost one month of relentless Zionist entity attacks on the besieged Gaza Strip has destroyed its infrastructure, sparking a humanitarian crisis in the coastal enclave.

Most areas in Gaza, which already suffered from electricity shortages before the latest Israeli offensive, now do not have access to electricity power. An Israeli attack knocked out the territory’s only power plant last week.

Hospitals and clinics in Gaza are also working with generators, which use a huge amount of fuel every day, while the blockaded sliver is also in need of fuel.

Lack of clean drinking water resources is another challenge that the people of Gaza are currently facing. Many underground water pipelines are damaged.

According to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) and other organizations with staff on the ground, including Human Rights Watch, the damage to Gaza’s infrastructure from the latest Israeli onslaught is more severe than the destruction caused by either of the last two Gaza wars in 2008 and 2012.

Reports say that Gaza needs USD 6 billion to rebuild its devastated infrastructure as the Israeli attacks have destroyed many houses, hospitals, schools and mosques across the Palestinian territory.

On July 31, Valerie Amos, the UN under-secretary-general for humanitarian affairs and emergency relief coordinator, said nearly a quarter of the Palestinian population of 1.8 million in Gaza have been displaced.

At least 1,867 Palestinians, including around 430 children, have so far been killed and over 9,500 others injured since the Israeli military launched its recent offensive against the Gaza Strip on July 8.

Resistance rockets force 75% of settlers to flee homes for the fear

Some 75 percent of Israeli settlers near the Gaza Strip have reportedly left their homes for the fear of retaliatory Palestinian rocket attacks.

HaimYelin, head of Israel’s Eshkol District Council, said on Monday that the 75 percent have moved to the north.

The development comes despite pledges by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Minister of Military Affairs Moshe Ya’alon to some 250,000 Israelis living near Gaza that the military would build a new security fence enclosing Gaza like the barrier along the Egyptian border to secure them from Palestinian rocket fire.

Yelin said Israelis are no longer willing to live under the threat of rocket fire, despite the assurances made by Netanyahu and Ya’alon that the military has solved the so-called Gaza tunnel threat.

It is estimated that some 125,000 settlers, almost half of the 250,000 Israelis inhabiting 57 communities, refuse to return home since they believe that the Israeli military has failed to provide their security.

The Tel Aviv regime has been pounding numerous sites inside the besieged Gaza Strip since July 8 killing more than 1,860 Palestinians and injuring over 9,500 others so far. The Israeli military says 64 soldiers have been killed in the conflict, but resistance puts the fatalities at more than 150.

PRESS T.V

R.S

You might also like
Latest news
UN Resident and Humanitarian Coordinator in Syria: Reports about United Nations evacuating all its s... Army General Command: The Syrian people are facing systematic media and terrorist war aiming at dest... Syrian Army Eliminates large numbers of Terrorists, destroys dozens of their vehicles in northern Ho... Presidency of the Republic: President Al-Assad is assuming his work, national and constitutional dut... Lavrov: Russia, Iran, Turkey agreed on facilitating the stopping of military operations in Syria, st... Iran reaffirms ongoing support for Syrian people, government Russian and Iraqi foreign ministers discuss situation in Syria and its serious impacts on the region... Damascus International Airport operating at full capacity, news about stopping operations is not tru... The Russian "Roads of Glory - Our History" movement condems the terrorist organizations' attack on S... Baghaei: Allegations about the evacuation of the Iranian Embassy in Damascus are not true 27 martyrs in Israeli occupation massacres in Gaza A statement by the General Command of the Army and Armed Forces Joint statement of the foreign ministers of Syria, Iraq and Iran: "Threatening Syria’s security enda... Friends of UN Charter condemn terrorist attacks in Syria Foreign Ministers of Syria, Iraq and Iran hold joint press conference on the situation in Syria Iraqi President reaffirms need to preserve Syria's unity and sovereignty Israeli occupation forces raid Kamal Adwan hospital in Gaza, force medical staff and patients to lea... The Syrian Army eliminates dozens of terrorists in Hama countryside Lavrov: Information indicates the United States, Britain support terrorist groups in northern Syria Fayyadh: Syria’s security cannot be separated from Iraq’s