Trump Offers Arabs Handshakes to Steal Their Lands: Zarif

The Iranian foreign minister has called for unity in the Muslim world to counter plots by the US and the Israel entity, saying they seek to “steal” the lands of Arab countries even though they apparently offer handshakes to Arab leaders.

“Trump’s lawless announcement on “Occupied Syrian Golan” after last year’s on “Occupied Al-Quds” is a sobering reminder for our Arab and Muslim brethren,” Mohammad Javad Zarif said in a Thursday tweet, according to Press TV.

 “US & Israel will offer you handshakes, but no matter how much you kowtow, they will still steal your lands. #LetUsUnite,” he added.

 The Iranian foreign minister made the remarks in reaction to a Monday decree signed by US President Donald Trump to recognize the Israeli entity’s “sovereignty” over the occupied Syrian territories of Golan.

The US president’s move broke with decades of international consensus over the border area which the Tel Aviv regime seized from Syria in 1967.

Earlier on Tuesday, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani compared the US move with the behavior of “colonial powers” in the past and called for “closer cooperation” among countries in the Middle East to counter the US and Israel.

“The Zionist regime’s excessive demands and Washington’s wrong decisions further necessitate closer cooperation among regional countries,” Rouhani said in a phone conversation with Iraqi Prime Minister Adel Abdul-Mahdi.

“Worrisome remarks about the violation of the Palestinian and Syrian nations’ rights, particularly about the Golan, are very dangerous for regional security,” he added.

H.M

You might also like
Latest news
The U.S. Embassy in Syria praises the civilized role of Syrians living in America Solidarity vigils with the families of the martyrs of Daraa throughout Syria Demonstration in Moadamiyet al Sham A vigil for the people of Khan Sheikhoun commemorating the 8th anniversary of the chemical massacre Al Sheibani :On the anniversary of the chemical attack on Khan Sheikhoun (Idlib)we pledge to continu... Al Sheibani welcomes decision of Human Rights Council Civil delegations visit the city of Nawa to offer condolences to the martyrs families and community ... Turkey Warns Against Israeli Actions in Syria, Citing Risks to Regional Stability and Counterterrori... A protest in the city of Sweida condemning the Israeli attacks Minister al-Ali  discusses with Syrian doctors  in Germany ways to support the health sector Eid al-Fitr Initiative " a message of hope and love for children and families” The organization of Islamic Cooperation condemns the ongoing Israeli attacks on Syrian territory The health sector in Gaza is suffering a catastrophic situation Kuwaiti Foreign Ministry condemns Israeli attacks on Syria          Turkey holds Israel responsible for threatening regional security First phase of prisoner exchange deal between the government and the SDF completed Repeated Israeli raids on Syria receive wide condemnation Presidential Decree announcing the ministerial formation of the government of the Syrian Arab Republ... United Nations condemns repeated Israeli escalation in Syria Emmanuel Macron:Trump's tariffs are a shock to international trade