Saudi Warplanes Target Yemen’s Rare Historical Monuments

The Saudi-led coalition fighter jets have once again violated the international ban on bombing historical remains, and targeted two valuable historical heritage in Yemen, local official announced, FNA reported.

Officials said that the Saudi fighter jets bombed the historical Dam of Marib (940 BC) and the legendry Queen Bilqis Palace.

A repot in April had already disclosed that the Wahhabi Saudi regime, the main supporter of ISIL, targeted Yemen’s historical monuments in its airstrikes on the impoverished nation as the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) Takfiri terrorist group hasdone in Syria and Iraq.

Among the most prominent historical monuments that the Saudi-led airstrikes targeted are:

1.The mosque and the shrine of the orator Imam Abd al-Razzaq bin Humam al-San’aani, Sheikh Ahmed bin Hanbal and Sufyan bin A’ayena who died in 211 (AH) in al-Hamraa area in Dar al-Hadeed village which lies in Sanahan district in the province of Sanaa.

2.The old fence, market and buildings of Saada as well as al-Qishleh Fort which was constructed in the third century (AH).

3.The ancient Sirah Fortress which was built in Aden province in the tenth century (AH).

4.Ogaal Temple in Sarwah district in Ma’rib province which dates back to the era of the Saba State before Islam.

5.The historical city of Zbeid in al-Hadida province which has been considered a moderate educational beacon whose light radiates all over the world. It was constructed in the thirteenth century (AH).

6.The monumental Dar al-Hasan in Damat district in al-Dalei province. The influential role of Damat dates back to the pre-Islamic centuries.

7.The historical FajjAttan fort on Attan mountain in Sanaa. It is considered one of the most important forts in that area.

Saudi fighter jets hit Yemeni Sana’a province several times

Informed sources confirmed that the Saudi-led coalition warplanes have carried out over 10 sorties of air attacks on the Yemeni capital city of Sana’a since early hours of Wednesday.

The sources told the FNA that the coalition fighter jets have targeted the Military Base of June 22 over 10 times.

Local witnesses also informed the agency that they have seen several air-to-ground rockets fired from the Saudi warplanes, targeting some spots in the city of Sana’a.

There have not been any comments by the local official about the possible death toll and casualties of this morning airstrikes.

Saudi Arabia has been bombing Yemen in the last 70 days to bring its ally, fugitive president Mansour Hadi, back to power.

The airstrikes have so far claimed the lives of more than 4,175 civilians, mostly women and children.

According to a recent report by Freedom House Foundation, most of the victims of the deadly Al Saud campaign are civilians, including a large number of women and children.

Thousands of residential buildings have been destroyed, and hundreds of civil and public facilities were reduced to rubble as a result of the bombardments by Saudi warplanes on the Yemeni cities and towns, the group said.

 

R.S

 

 

You might also like
Latest news
The U.S. Embassy in Syria praises the civilized role of Syrians living in America Solidarity vigils with the families of the martyrs of Daraa throughout Syria Demonstration in Moadamiyet al Sham A vigil for the people of Khan Sheikhoun commemorating the 8th anniversary of the chemical massacre Al Sheibani :On the anniversary of the chemical attack on Khan Sheikhoun (Idlib)we pledge to continu... Al Sheibani welcomes decision of Human Rights Council Civil delegations visit the city of Nawa to offer condolences to the martyrs families and community ... Turkey Warns Against Israeli Actions in Syria, Citing Risks to Regional Stability and Counterterrori... A protest in the city of Sweida condemning the Israeli attacks Minister al-Ali  discusses with Syrian doctors  in Germany ways to support the health sector Eid al-Fitr Initiative " a message of hope and love for children and families” The organization of Islamic Cooperation condemns the ongoing Israeli attacks on Syrian territory The health sector in Gaza is suffering a catastrophic situation Kuwaiti Foreign Ministry condemns Israeli attacks on Syria          Turkey holds Israel responsible for threatening regional security First phase of prisoner exchange deal between the government and the SDF completed Repeated Israeli raids on Syria receive wide condemnation Presidential Decree announcing the ministerial formation of the government of the Syrian Arab Republ... United Nations condemns repeated Israeli escalation in Syria Emmanuel Macron:Trump's tariffs are a shock to international trade