Saudi Mercenaries Launch New Offensive to Capture Yemen’s Hudaydah

Saudi-backed militiamen loyal to Yemen’s former president Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi have launched a “vast offensive” to take full control of the country’s strategic western city of Hudaydah as the Riyadh regime presses ahead with its atrocious bombardment campaign against its southern neighbor.

Hadi loyalists said in a statement on Friday that they had begun a military operation, claiming that they had advanced towards the northern and the western flanks of the port city, located 150 kilometers southwest of the capital Sana’a.

The statement further alleged that pro-Hadi forces were progressing from all fronts with the support of the Saudi-led military coalition.

 The report came on the same day that a girl lost her life and nine other civilians lost their lives when Saudi artillery rounds and mortar shells rained down on the 7th of July neighborhood in Hudaydah city.

Yemeni army soldiers and allied fighters from Popular Committees also targeted the positions of Saudi mercenaries in the Nihm district of Yemen’s mountainous northwestern province of Sana’a, inflicting heavy losses on them.

Additionally, a woman was killed and two others were injured when Saudi forces launched a salvo of artillery rounds and mortar shells at residential areas in the Razih district of the same Yemeni province.

Saudi Arabia and a number of its regional allies launched a devastating military campaign against Yemen in March 2015, with the aim of bringing the government of Hadi back to power and crushing the country’s popular Houthi Ansarullah movement.

According to a new report by the Armed Conflict Location and Event Data Project (ACLED), a nonprofit conflict-research organization, the Saudi-led war has so far claimed the lives of around 56,000 Yemenis.

The Saudi-led war has also taken a heavy toll on the country’s infrastructure, destroying hospitals, schools, and factories. The UN has already said that a record 22.2 million Yemenis are in dire need of food, including 8.4 million threatened by severe hunger. According to the world body, Yemen is suffering from the most severe famine in more than 100 years.

A number of Western countries, the US and Britain in particular, are also complicit in the ongoing aggression as they supply the Riyadh regime with advanced weapons and military equipment as well as logistical and intelligence assistance.

World must stop arms sales to Saudi to end Yemen war: Analyst

Political analyst Mohammad Obaid said that the world should stop its arms sales to Saudi Arabia if it is serious about ending the dire humanitarian situation in Yemen.

The comments came after the UN’s World Food Programme said it will nearly double food aid to Yemen to reach 14 million people a month.

“Unfortunately now you cannot use this as an indication to understand that there is real will and determination in order to end the tragedy which has been going on for over three years now. Unfortunately, the UN major countries that are permanent members of the UN Security Council, they are still providing the Saudis with the political cover they need in order to go on with this massacre,” Obaid told Press TV in an interview on Friday.

“When you see real opposition, when you see real stoppage of arms deals with the Saudi government, when you see real opposition at the political level by the heads of states of these countries, then you can expect to say that or you can then that these remarks are real honest and will be used in order to end the conflict there,” he added.

Press TV

R.S

You might also like
Latest news
British Mission in Syria posted on platform “X” on the anniversary of the chemical attack on the cit... Press Release Issued by the Government of the Syrian Arab Republic Regarding the Amnesty Internation... President Al-Sharaa receives a message of congratulations from the Director of the Organization for ... The Secretary General of the Arab League warns of the consequences of the Israeli riot in the region Britain calls on Israel to respect the territorial integrity of Syria The U.S. Embassy in Syria praises the civilized role of Syrians living in America Solidarity vigils with the families of the martyrs of Daraa throughout Syria Demonstration in Moadamiyet al Sham A vigil for the people of Khan Sheikhoun commemorating the 8th anniversary of the chemical massacre Al Sheibani :On the anniversary of the chemical attack on Khan Sheikhoun (Idlib)we pledge to continu... Al Sheibani welcomes decision of Human Rights Council Civil delegations visit the city of Nawa to offer condolences to the martyrs families and community ... Turkey Warns Against Israeli Actions in Syria, Citing Risks to Regional Stability and Counterterrori... A protest in the city of Sweida condemning the Israeli attacks Minister al-Ali  discusses with Syrian doctors  in Germany ways to support the health sector Eid al-Fitr Initiative " a message of hope and love for children and families” The organization of Islamic Cooperation condemns the ongoing Israeli attacks on Syrian territory The health sector in Gaza is suffering a catastrophic situation Kuwaiti Foreign Ministry condemns Israeli attacks on Syria          Turkey holds Israel responsible for threatening regional security