Iraq Files Case against Turkey over Kurdish Oil Sales

Baghdad filed a lawsuit against Ankara over the flow of oil from Kurdish regional administration in Iraq’s north to Turkey’s Mediterranean export hub of Ceyhan, Iraqi oil ministry said Friday.

The ministry said in a written statement that Turkey and its state-owned gas company BOTAS violated 2010′s Turkey-Iraq pipeline agreement by storing crude oil from northern Iraq without the central government’s consent.

A request of arbitration against Turkey and BOTAS has been sent to the International Chamber of Commerce in Paris, the statement said.

Meanwhile, a news story broadcast in Iraq’s state television said Friday that Baghdad considers the oil that flowed from Kurdish region into Turkey as “stolen.”

Earlier in the day, Turkey’s Energy Minister Taner Yildiz announced that 1.4 million barrels of oil from Iraq’s Kurdish region stored in Ceyhan was loaded onto ships Thursday night.

The oil has been stored in Ceyhan for the last six months in line with an agreement signed between Turkey and the Kurdish Regional Government in northern Iraq.

The central government in Baghdad opposes the sale of the stored oil, saying it would bypass the country’s national State Oil Marketing Company and violate Iraq’s constitution.

The Kurdish government in Irbil, however, says that Baghdad cut their share of the national budget and that they are determined to export oil via Turkey in order to compensate the loss.

Source: almanartv.com

B.N

You might also like
Latest news
UN Resident and Humanitarian Coordinator in Syria: Reports about United Nations evacuating all its s... Army General Command: The Syrian people are facing systematic media and terrorist war aiming at dest... Syrian Army Eliminates large numbers of Terrorists, destroys dozens of their vehicles in northern Ho... Presidency of the Republic: President Al-Assad is assuming his work, national and constitutional dut... Lavrov: Russia, Iran, Turkey agreed on facilitating the stopping of military operations in Syria, st... Iran reaffirms ongoing support for Syrian people, government Russian and Iraqi foreign ministers discuss situation in Syria and its serious impacts on the region... Damascus International Airport operating at full capacity, news about stopping operations is not tru... The Russian "Roads of Glory - Our History" movement condems the terrorist organizations' attack on S... Baghaei: Allegations about the evacuation of the Iranian Embassy in Damascus are not true 27 martyrs in Israeli occupation massacres in Gaza A statement by the General Command of the Army and Armed Forces Joint statement of the foreign ministers of Syria, Iraq and Iran: "Threatening Syria’s security enda... Friends of UN Charter condemn terrorist attacks in Syria Foreign Ministers of Syria, Iraq and Iran hold joint press conference on the situation in Syria Iraqi President reaffirms need to preserve Syria's unity and sovereignty Israeli occupation forces raid Kamal Adwan hospital in Gaza, force medical staff and patients to lea... The Syrian Army eliminates dozens of terrorists in Hama countryside Lavrov: Information indicates the United States, Britain support terrorist groups in northern Syria Fayyadh: Syria’s security cannot be separated from Iraq’s