Iran’s Defense Doctrine Based Entirely on Deterrence, Says Reza Pourdastan

 Iranian Army’s Ground Forces Commander Brigadier General Ahmad Reza Pourdastan said here on Monday that the country’s defense doctrine is based entirely on deterrence.

Pourdastan made the remarks in a local gathering on the occasion of the national Sacred Defense Week that started on September 21.

The commander reiterated that the military forces are capable to foil any potential threat thousands kilometers away from the Iranian borders.

 Hailing Iran’s defense and deterrence capabilities, Pourdastan added the defense forces are fully ready to give a crushing response to enemies.

Armed forces ready to counter potential threats, says Iranian commander

Meanwhile, Iranian armed forces are at a high level of preparedness to counter potential threats, Commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps Aerospace Force Brigadier General Amir Ali Hajizadeh.

Speaking to reporters on Sunday, Hajizadeh noted that due to the hard efforts by Iranian experts and the vigilance of armed forces, Iran has a high level of security both inside the country and in the border areas.

Iran has enough preparedness and capability to thwart potential threats, he said.

The commander noted that despite outside pressures, Iranian armed forces are working hard to prevent any damage to the country’s security.

Iran has reached good achievements in production of defensive equipments and weapons including missiles, unmanned aerial vehicles and electronic war equipments, he noted.

Hajizadeh earlier in the day, speaking in a local ceremony, the commander had also warned that hostility of the United States and West towards the Islamic Republic has not already changed.

IRNA

R.S

You might also like
Latest news
British Mission in Syria posted on platform “X” on the anniversary of the chemical attack on the cit... Press Release Issued by the Government of the Syrian Arab Republic Regarding the Amnesty Internation... President Al-Sharaa receives a message of congratulations from the Director of the Organization for ... The Secretary General of the Arab League warns of the consequences of the Israeli riot in the region Britain calls on Israel to respect the territorial integrity of Syria The U.S. Embassy in Syria praises the civilized role of Syrians living in America Solidarity vigils with the families of the martyrs of Daraa throughout Syria Demonstration in Moadamiyet al Sham A vigil for the people of Khan Sheikhoun commemorating the 8th anniversary of the chemical massacre Al Sheibani :On the anniversary of the chemical attack on Khan Sheikhoun (Idlib)we pledge to continu... Al Sheibani welcomes decision of Human Rights Council Civil delegations visit the city of Nawa to offer condolences to the martyrs families and community ... Turkey Warns Against Israeli Actions in Syria, Citing Risks to Regional Stability and Counterterrori... A protest in the city of Sweida condemning the Israeli attacks Minister al-Ali  discusses with Syrian doctors  in Germany ways to support the health sector Eid al-Fitr Initiative " a message of hope and love for children and families” The organization of Islamic Cooperation condemns the ongoing Israeli attacks on Syrian territory The health sector in Gaza is suffering a catastrophic situation Kuwaiti Foreign Ministry condemns Israeli attacks on Syria          Turkey holds Israel responsible for threatening regional security