Egypt security forces launch decisive assault to clear Cairo protest camps

Egyptian security forces have launched an assault on sites backing the ousted Morsi, clearing one and besieging another,according to the Guardian.

The crackdown on Wednesday has left scores of people dead and many more wounded, and has sparked clashes in other parts of the country.

The dawn raids in Cairo at the sites on either side of the Nile came after two weeks of ever more bellicose warnings from the government .

Troops, firing teargas and live rounds, quickly cleared the first of the strongholds near Cairo University in the city's west. However, emptying the main hub at Rabaa al-Adawiya in the east was proving more difficult.

Witnesses at the scene counted dozens of bodies amid scenes of carnage and panic. Photographs from the field hospital appeared to show more than 40 bodies laid out on a blood-slicked floor.

"There are now too many bodies to count," said Dr Amr Gamal, speaking by phone from inside the hospital after patients being treated there were evacuated under gunfire.

An official at Cairo's Zeinhom morgue said bodies from Rabaa were being turned away because they had arrived without the right paperwork.

Photographs from a stage at the centre of the Rabaa camp posted online appeared to show two television cameramen with gunshot wounds.

Egypt's military and interior ministry had made no secret of the fact that an assault on the sites was imminent and "Brotherhood" members had spent the past fortnight fortifying approaches and erecting makeshift defences.

As the assault started, security forces offered safe passage to those who wanted to leave and said anyone who remained would be detained.

The interior ministry, whose forces led the assault, later denied that live rounds had been used. Some officials claimed "Brotherhood"members had been responsible for the casualties.

An attack had been expected at any point since the end of Eid al-Fitr, which marks the end of Ramadan. However, the pre-dawn movement of troops and armoured personnel carriers made clear that that moment had arrived on Wednesday. Many Rabaa-based Brotherhood leaders slipped away before the assault began.

M.D

Former Turkish FM: Erdogan's Government's Stance on Syria a "Scandal

ANKARA- Former Turkish Foreign Minister Shukri Sina Goral has affirmed that the government of the Justice and Development Party supports sectarian incitement in the Middle East through its open involvement in the process of arming al-Qaeda terrorists and sending them to fight in Syria and through its support for the terrorist groups in Iraq to topple Iraqi legitimate government.

In a statement published by the Turkish "Yourt" newspaper, Goral described as a "scandal" the current Turkish government policies and stances towards the crisis in Syria and the whole situation in the Middle East.
"Turkey's stance on Syria and the Middle East is matchless in the history of the Turkish foreign policy," Goral said.

He stressed that Erdogan's government looks at terrorism as a legitimate tool and this was evident in its anti-Syria policies.

"The Justice and Development government has drowned Turkey in the quagmire of terrorism through being a part in the crisis in Syria and through providing full support to al-Qaeda-linked Jabhet al-Nusra group which kills and terrorizes people in Syria and destroys the country's infrastructure.

"The Turkish citizens are the ones who pay the price for the Turkish government's irresponsible pro-terrorism policy," Goral said.

In another context, Kemal Kilicdaroglu, Leader of the Turkish Opposition Republican People's Party has stressed that reports by the Turkish media regarding the plan of the Development and Justice Party to prepare security reports against officials and MPs in the People's party, indicate that Turkey, under the leadership of the Justice and Development Party, has been transformed into a police state with its Prime Minister Recepe Tayyib Erdogan as a dictator who seized decision-making positions in the country.

Kilicdaroglu said Erdogan has tasked the state security apparatus to monitor the movements and acts of members of the Republican People's Party instead of monitoring the security and stability of the country.      

H. Mustafa  

Saudi prince rapes, kills Saudi girl

Police in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia has confirmed the news that a girl had been raped and murdered by a Saudi prince,according to IIT.

The scandal was another loop in a chain of moral and ethical scandals on Saudi corrupt princes and their crime against Saudi citizens.

The story began when the witnesses in Samer, a Jeddah suburb, saw that a girl was dropped out of a JMC automobile and the car drives away, evening May 30. People witnessing the event immediately wrapped the girl in a blanket and contact the police.

After police arrived, preliminary investigation indicated that the girl had died. JMC plate number fed into the automobile surveillance system of traffic police and it revealed that it belonged to a Saudi prince.

Then, extensive investigation was launched, with the initial result that the prince was no other person than Khalid bin Sa’ad bin Abdul Aziz al-Saud, who, met the girl in Wednesday evening in famous Al-Tuhayat shopping mall. The girl defied the prince.

Then, the girl was kidnapped by complicity of Tariq al-Maqrebi, an associate of the prince’s, and transferred to an unknown place, where she was sexually harassed.

The girl’s attempt to escape led to physical grapple between them, and finally to death of the girl. Saudi prince stripped the girl and dropped her out of his car.

 

M.D

Scores killed,wounded in Iraq

A suicide bomb at a cafe in central Iraq has killed at least 16 people and wounded another 35, officials say.

The blast happened in Balad, a largely town about 80km (50 miles) north of the capital Baghdad, according to BBC.

In a separate attack a bomb exploded near a football field in Muqdadiyah, also north of Baghdad, killing four people and wounding 14, officials said.

There have been a number of attacks on Iraqi cafes in recent weeks, during the holy month of Ramadan.

More than 60 people alone were killed during celebrations for Eid al-Fitr, marking the end of Ramadan, earlier this week.

Most of the casualties were in Baghdad, which was hit by apparently co-ordinated car bombings near markets, cafes and restaurants.

This Ramadan in Iraq is thought to have been one of the deadliest in years, with more than 670 people killed. Many were targeted as they sat in cafes after breaking their daytime fast.

More than 4,000 people have died in such attacks this year. A further 9,865 have been injured, with Baghdad province the worst hit.

M.D

Occupation Authorities OK 942 New Settlement Units in Occupied Al-Quds

OCCUPIED AL-QUDS-The Israeli occupation municipality has approved 942 new settlement units for occupied Al-Quds, Israeli sources said Tuesday, on the eve of the scheduled resumption of so-called peace talks with the Palestinians, according to al-Manar website.

The units are in addition to the more than 1,000 settlement homes approved by the Zionist entity on Sunday, in a move that has angered the Palestinians and drawn fire from the international community.

"The Jerusalem municipality has approved a construction plan for 942 homes in Gilo," an existing settlement in occupied al-Quds, a municipality source told AFP. "This is a terrible decision which is a provocation against the Palestinians, the Americans and the whole world who oppose continued settlement building," the leftwing municipal councilor said.

US Secretary of State John Kerry, who convinced the two sides to return to the negotiating table after a three-year hiatus, urged the Palestinians "not to react adversely" to Israel's approval on Sunday for new homes in occupied al-Quds and the West Bank.

The last round of direct talks broke down when the occupying entity refused to halt its settlement construction on occupied Palestinian territory.

Israeli settlement watchdog Peace Now said the Jerusalem municipality was also mulling the construction of another 300 homes at a later stage. "The government is doing all it can to sabotage peace talks even before they've started," Peace Now's spokesman told AFP.

H.M