UNRWA Rejects US Call for Dismantling UN Agency for Palestinian Refugees

The head of the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees (UNRWA) has rejected a US call to dismantle the agency, saying it cannot be blamed for the stalemate in the so-called peace efforts.

“I unreservedly reject the accompanying narrative that suggests that somehow UNRWA is to blame for the continuation of the refugee-hood of Palestine refugees, of their growing numbers and their growing needs,” UNRWA's Commissioner General Pierre Krahenbuhl said in a press conference in the Gaza City on Thursday.

His comments were in response to a question about what Jason Greenblatt, US President Donald Trump’s special representative for international negotiations, provocatively had said a day earlier, claiming that the agency had run its course and was no longer needed.

Addressing the UN Security Council on Wednesday, Greenblatt claimed that UNRWA had been a “bandaid” and that it was time to hand over services assured by the refugee agency to those countries hosting the Palestinian Arab refugees.

Zionist Forces Detain 10 Palestinians; injure two others in Occupied West Bank

BETHLEHEM – Zionist occupation forces detained 10 Palestinians and injured two others in multiple raids across the occupied West Bank.

Security sources confirmed that Israeli occupation forces detained three Palestinians from Duheisha refugee camp, south of Bethlehem.

During ensuing confrontations, soldiers indiscriminately opened live fire towards youngsters protesting the raid, hitting a protestor with live round in the knee and another in the right thigh.

Both casualties were evacuated to a hospital in Bethlehem city for treatment.

In Hebron district, Israeli military vehicles raided Beit Ummar town, north of Hebron, where soldiers rounded up a Palestinian.

A similar military raid was confirmed in Adh-Dhahiriya town, south of Hebron, resulting in the detention of a Palestinian.

Iranophobia US Strategy to Exploit Arabs, Says General Mousavi

Commander-in-Chief of the Islamic Republic Army Major General Abdolrahim Mousavi says that what happened in the region in the UAE and Iraq when the United States arrived in the region is not unreasonable and the aim of Iranophobia is to exploit Arabs.

'If we take a closer look at the recent developments of the region, we will find that the Iranian people are in full compliance with the principles of the revolution and, more than ever, have authority in the world,' Mousavi said on Wednesday afternoon.

'If one day the evidence of recent events is revealed, then we will find that the Saudis, along with the United States, are the main cause of recent events in the UAE and Iraq,' he said.

The commander of the army highlighted, 'The Saudis are trying to undermine the security of the UAE for punishing the UAE and getting concessions and the United States is trying to exploit the mercenary countries in the region with the policy of Iranophobia in the region.'

Yemeni Forces Launch Drone Attack on Warplane Hangars at Najran Airport

Yemeni armed forces have launched another retaliatory drone strike against an airport in Saudi Arabia’s southwestern Najran region, this time targeting hangars housing the regime’s warplanes, Press T.V reported.

Yemen’s al-Masirah television network reported the counter-strike on Wednesday morning, without giving details about possible casualties or material damage.

A day earlier, the network said Yemeni forces, led by the Houthi Ansarullah movement, had launched a counterattack on an arms depot inside the same airport, using a Qasef-2K combat drone. The strike caused a fire at the airport.

In mid-May, the Yemeni army launched drone raids on a major oil pipeline deep inside the Saudi kingdom in retaliation for the regime’s war crimes against Yemen, forcing state crude giant Aramco to temporarily stop pumping oil on the pipeline.

Zionist Settler Runs over, Kills Palestinian Man in Occupied West Bank

A Zionist settler has run over and killed a Palestinian man in the northwestern part of the occupied West Bank.

Palestinian media say that the 45-year- old victim, identified as Abdul Hafiz Barham, was struck east of Qalqilya on Tuesday.

According to witnesses, the Palestinian man was taken to a hospital in Nablus, where he succumbed to his injuries.