Zionist entity folly will receive Iran military response: Cmdr. Salami

The second-in-command of Iran’s Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) says the Islamic Republic will strike back at Israel if the Zionist entity dares to strike Iranian nuclear sites.

 “If the Zionist regime [of Israel] commits the folly of attacking Iran’s nuclear facilities, our response to them will definitely be [a] military [one],” Brigadier General Hossein Salami said on Wednesday,according to Press TV.

The Iranian commander described the Islamic Republic as a unique establishment as it responds to “diplomacy with diplomacy, threat with threat, and strike with strike.”

“Our defense realities have taken shape based on swift blows, immediate reactions, and decisive and crushing attacks,” he stated.

Salami said Iran takes every enemy threat seriously, adding that the Islamic Republic has predicted suitable responses for every imaginable attack scenario.

"Diplomatic traditions are of little value to us at the time of enemy threats and what is important to us is the Islamic Republic’s military and tactical responses which will be crushing and devastating,” he added.

The United States, Israel, and some of their allies have repeatedly accused Iran of pursuing non-civilian objectives in its nuclear energy program.

Iran rejects the allegation, arguing that as a committed signatory to the Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) and a member of the IAEA, it has the right to use nuclear technology for peaceful purposes.

Israel, the only possessor of nuclear weapons in the Middle East, is widely known to have between 200 and 400 nuclear warheads.

The Israeli regime rejects all the regulatory international nuclear agreements -- the NPT in particular -- and refuses to allow its nuclear facilities to come under international regulatory inspections.

M.D

HRW slams occupation forces for violations in 8-day assault on Gaza

Human Rights Watch (HRW) has condemned the Israeli occupation forces  for violating the laws of war during its eight-day assault on the Gaza Strip in 2012.

"occupation forces too often conducted airstrikes that killed Palestinian civilians and destroyed homes in Gaza without apparent legal justification,” said Sarah Leah Whitson, the Middle East director at the HRW.

The international right organization’s field investigations into the attacks found no evidence of Palestinian fighters, weaponry, or other apparent military objectives at the time of the attack,according to Press TV.

Individuals who deliberately order or take part in attacks targeting civilians or civilian objects are responsible for war crimes, the right group noted.

 The report went on to say that several Israeli missiles have targeted civilians and civilian objects, such as houses and farm groves, without any apparent military objective.

Yet, under the laws of war, only military objectives - belligerent forces or objects that make an effective contribution to military action - may be targeted.

The HRW sent the details of the investigation to the Israeli military on January 14, 2013, calling for more information.

The rights group, however, did not wait for the occupation forces's  response and decided to release its report rather than wait for the Israeli officials’ investigation.

"tel aviv" has failed to provide information that would justify other attacks previously documented by Human Rights Watch, the group concluded.

On November 14, 2012 Israel launched a deadly offensive on the besieged Gaza Strip, which killed more than 160 Palestinians and injured some 1,200 others.

Gaza has been blockaded since June 2007, a situation that has caused a decline in the standards of living, unprecedented levels of unemployment, and unrelenting poverty.

The Israeli regime denies about 1.7 million people in Gaza their basic rights, such as freedom of movement and adequate healthcare and education.

M.D 

Tear gas fills Bahraini capital

Bahraini police have used tear gas and stun grenades to disperse hundreds of protesters in Manama, as they marked the second anniversary of the uprising against the Sunni regime.

Demonstrators tried to march to Pearl Square, the site they occupied two years ago when the protest against the royal family – rulers for over 40 years – first began.

"Square of martyrdom, we all still have the will! Down with the corrupt government!" chanted protesters carrying Bahraini flags as reported by AFP.

"Khalifa resign," the demonstrators also called, referring to the king's uncle Prince Khalifa bin Salman, who has been prime minister for four decades.

The attempt to march to the square came after the main opposition bloc, al-Wefaq, organized a massive protest in which thousands took part in the Shiite village of Sanabis, near Manama.

After the opposition's rally ended, "a group of saboteurs caused riots and blocked roads, requiring authorities to take legal action against them," the interior ministry said on Twitter.

During the uprising in 2011, protesters camped for one month at Pearl Square before being forcefully driven out in mid-March. Authorities later razed the square.

Eighty people have been killed and thousands arrested since the unrest began. Many opposition figures have been arrested on the allegation of planning to topple the government.

The opposition believes that one of the reasons why Western powers support the “dictatorship” is the crucial US naval military base located in Bahrain.

M.D

Ahmadinejad stresses settlement of Iran nuclear issue through dialogue

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on  Wednesday that dialogue is the only solution to Iranˈs nuclear case, stressing it is better to have cooperation instead of confrontation,according to IRNA.

Talking to reporters after this morning cabinet session, the President said the Islamic Republic of Iran is currently a nuclear country and it is impossible to retreat from its nuclear path.

Referring to the today talks between representatives of Iran and the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) in Tehran, President Ahmadinejad said rights of the Iranian nation should be respected.

 Turning to the next year budget bill, the President said he is to attend a press conference next week to brief the nation on the bill.

M.D

Iranian envoy :crisis in Syria should be resolved through diplomatic means and national dialogue.

Iran’s Ambassador to Syria Mohammad-Reza Raouf-Sheibani says Tehran is ready to host negotiations between the representatives of the Syrian government and foreign-backed opposition.

Raouf-Sheibani has stated said that Tehran is ready to host the talks if Syria’s national reconciliation minister, Ali Haidar, and the leader of the foreign-backed Syrian opposition coalition Ahmed Moaz al-Khatib are ready to enter negotiations,according to Press TV.

The Iranian envoy reiterated Iran’s stance that the crisis in Syria should be resolved through diplomatic means and national dialogue.

Iran hosted a two-day meeting between the representatives of the Syrian government and opposition groups in November 2012, with participants unanimously opposing foreign interference and calling for a peaceful resolution to the conflict in the Arab country.

Syria has been experiencing unrest since March 2011. Many people, including large numbers of security forces, have been killed in the turmoil that Damascus says is being orchestrated from outside the country.

In December 2012, the Islamic Republic released the details of a plan that urged talks between the Syrian government and representatives of all Syrian groups regardless of their political and social tendencies in order to form a national reconciliation committee.

The plan also calls for an immediate end to all violent and military acts in Syria under the supervision of the United Nations, an end to all economic sanctions imposed against the country, and the return of displaced civilians to their homes.

M.D