Saudi Warplanes Kill At Least 14 People in North, South Yemen

At least 14 people have been killed after warplanes belong to the Saudi-led military coalition hit residential localities across the war-torn Yemen.

Yemen’s al-Masirah television network reported on Monday that earlier in the day Saudi warplanes had launched a number of airstrikes on Hamli neighborhood in Moze district of the southwestern province of Ta'izz that led to the killing of at least six civilians after their vehicles were hit by the aerial aggression.

 The report added that later in the day, eight other civilians also lost their lives after Saudi fighter jets bombarded an educational center in Kataf district in the northwestern province of Sa'ada.

The report further said that Saudi warplanes had conducted multiple airstrikes against the Yemeni provinces of Jawf, Shabwah, Sana’a and Hajjah since morning, the possible casualties of which were not reported yet.

During the past recent weeks, Saudi war machine has killed dozens of Yemenis, mostly women and children, in the impoverished country.

Separately, a security source, speaking on condition of anonymity, told al-Masirah that Yemeni forces, in a retaliatory attack, managed to destroy two military vehicles of the Saudi mercenaries as they were attempting to go through a passageway in Ta'izz’sMoze district.

Elsewhere in Jawf province, Houthi Ansarullah fighters targeted gatherings of Saudi mercenaries with rocket and mortar fire.  

The developments came after Yemen’s ex-President Ali Abdullah Saleh was killed on last Monday while attempting to escape the capital Sana’a to Ma’arab province. This came shortly after he broke ranks with Houthis in favor of the Saudi-led coalition.

On November 6, Saudi Arabia announced that it was shutting down Yemen’s air, sea, and land borders, after Yemeni fighters targeted an international airport near the Saudi capital with a cruise missile in retaliation for Saudi’s devastating aerial bombardment campaign against Yemen.

The tight blockade has exerted further pressure on Yemeni people, who receive desperately needed humanitarian assistance through the western port city of Hudaydah and an international airport in the capital Sana’a, both under the crippling siege.

The United Nations has already made a plea for the so-called coalition to remove its blockade, warning that without aid shipments “untold thousands of innocent victims, among them many children, will die” and that its partial lifting was not enough.

The Saudi-led military campaign, propelled by a constant flow of US and UK arms supplies, has been incessantly pounding Yemen since March 2015 in an attempt to crush the popular Houthi Ansarullah movement and reinstate the former president, Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi, an ally of the regime in Riyadh.

Latest figures show that the war has so far killed over 12,000 Yemenis and wounded thousands more. The Saudi aggression has also taken a heavy toll on the country's facilities and infrastructure, destroying many hospitals, schools, and factories.

The World Health Organization says around 960,000 suspected cases of cholera and 2,219 deaths have been documented since the deadly epidemic broke out in April in the crisis-hit country, where 8 million people also face war-triggered famine.

PRESS T.V

R.S

Share