Zionist Occupation's Tank, Aircraft Attack Gaza Security Posts

The Israeli military says an aircraft and a tank have targeted two security posts in the besieged Gaza Strip.

The attack on Thursday night had no casualties, Reuters reported, citing residents of the Palestinian coastal enclave, Press TV reported.

The Israeli army claimed that the attack was a response to rocket attacks from Gaza earlier in the day. Israel holds Hamas responsible for the rocket attack.

However, no claim of responsibility has so far been made by Hamas.

 Reuters said the al-Tawheed Brigades claimed responsibility for the missile launches from Gaza.

The Gaza Strip has been under an Israeli siege since June 2007. The blockade has caused a decline in the standards of living as well as unprecedented levels of unemployment and unrelenting poverty.

The Israeli regime denies about 1.8 million people in Gaza their basic rights, such as freedom of movement, jobs with proper wages as well as adequate healthcare and education. The Tel Aviv regime has also waged several wars on Gaza since 2008. Thousands of Gazans have been killed or maimed in the Israeli wars and a significant portion of infrastructure has been destroyed.

Israeli attacks like the one on Thursday have been taking place on a regular basis since the regime's latest war on Gaza in early July 2014.

The development came a day after US President Donald Trump said he would recognize al-Quds as the new capital of Israel, escalating tensions in the occupied Palestinian territories.

H.M

Share