Russian Aerospace Forces destroy 180 ISIS sites in Hama’s Uqayribat

Moscow - Russian Defense Ministry announced the destruction of 180 sites for ISIS terrorist organization in the area surrounding Uqayribat town in the eastern countryside of Hama and cut off all its supply routes in the area, SANA reported.

“Only yesterday, in the interests of the Syrian army’s offensive in the area of Uqayribat , Russian Aerospace Forces jets made over 50 sorties, resulting in the destruction of about 180 facilities of militants… Fortifications, underground shelters, command posts, separate detachments of terrorists, artillery positions, ammunition and fuel depots,” Lt. Gen. Alexander Lapin, chief of staff of the Russian Armed Forces group in Syria told reporters.

Lapin said that the Syrian Army continues the operation to clear the area from gangs of ISIS in the areas to the west and north of Uqayribat.

He said persistent battles during the last week resulted in the liberation of eight more towns, which made it possible to “dismember” a group of militants near Uqayribat and defeat it in parts.

In a relevant context, six breaches of the cessation of hostilities agreement were recorded during the past 24 hours in the provinces of Aleppo, Daraa and Damascus via terrorist organizations, according to the Russian Defense Ministry.

Army expands its control in eastern countryside of Homs

Homs – Units of Syrian Arab Army intensified their operations in chasing down the remnants of ISIS terrorists in the eastern countryside of Homs, expanding their control in the area and inflicting heavy losses upon in ranks and equipment upon ISIS.

A military source told SANA that army units operating in the eastern countryside of Homs expanded their control over the area to the north and west of Belas Mountains after they targeted ISIS gatherings and fortifications to the east of Shaer Mount in the eastern countryside of the city.

The source added that a number of ISIS terrorists were killed due to the army’s operations and their vehicles were destroyed.

Electric power substation in Daraa out of service due to terrorist attack

Daraa – In a new breach of the de-escalation zone agreement in the southern region, terrorist groups attacked the electric power substation of Khirbet Ghazaleh to the east of Daraa city, causing it to go out of service.

A source at Daraa Electricity Company said that a terrorist group attacked the electric power substation of Khirbet Ghazaleh, which caused a decrease in electricity supply to the city and water pumping projects in the western countryside of Daraa, SANA reported.

This has forced the company to stop supply through the substation and resort to the alternative reserve line until the gunmen are expelled out of the station, the source added.

The source noted that the company is working with the local community in the towns of al-Ghariyeh and Saida to drive the militants out of the station, noting that water pumping to the city has stopped due to the attack.

Lavrov: Any foreign presence in Syria without government’s consent violates international law

Amman – Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov confirmed that any foreign presence on Syria’s soil and it its airspace without the approval of the Syrian government violates international law.

Lavrov said in a press conference with his Jordanian counterpart Ayman Safadi in Amman on Monday that “Since the very beginning, we have consistently taken a very clear stance. Everyone who is on the Syrian soil or in Syria’s airspace without the consent of the Syrian government violates the international law,” SANA reported.

Aid convoy loaded with 700 tons of food arrives in Deir Ezzor

Deir Ezzor – A humanitarian aid convoy, carrying about 700 tons of food, arrived on Monday in the city of Deir Ezzor in the framework of the land bridge opened by the government immediately after breaking the siege imposed on the city.

The food supplies will be distributed to the families in the eastern and western neighborhoods of Deir Ezzor city and in al-Jafra village.

SANA said that nine trucks carrying 700 tons of food stuff have entered the city through al-Panorama road in the southwestern side of the city less than 24 hours after the army established control over it and secured the main road to the city.

SANA added that work has immediately begun to unload the convoy in preparation for distributing the supplies to the people who have been for over three years under blockade imposed by ISIS before the Syrian Arab Army and its allies broke it last Tuesday.

Terrorist groups renew violation of memorandum on reduction-of-tension zone north of Homs

Homs - The terrorist groups targeted with a number of rocket and mortar shells the village of Ein al-Dananir in a new violation of the memorandum on reduction-of-tension zone north of the city of Homs.

SANA said that at least 5 mortar and rocket shells fired by terrorists, positioned in al-Sa’en and Ein Hussein areas, targeting Ein al-Dananir village in al-Meshrfeh area to the north of Homs city, injuring a child and causing material damage to the village.

Kazakh Foreign Ministry: Plenary meeting of the 6th round of talks on the crisis in Syria next Friday

Astana - The Kazakh Foreign Ministry announced Monday that the plenary meeting of the 6th round of talks on the crisis in Syria will be held on Friday.

The Kazakh Foreign Ministry’s press service said in a statement that the plenary meeting of the 6th round of talks on the settlement of the crisis in Syria will be held in the Kazakh capital of Astana on Friday, SANA reported.

“We invite the representatives of media to cover the plenary meeting of the talks, which will take place on September 15 in Rixos President Astana hotel,” the press release read.

The Kazakh capital of Astana hosted five meetings on the crisis in Syria this year, where all the meetings stressed commitment to Syria’s sovereignty, independence, territorial integrity in addition to the enhancing cessation of hostilities in it.