He was born in the countryside of Antakya, Syria, in 1930. Naim Ismail was considered as one of the most outstanding Syrian plastic artists . In 1953 , he graduated from the Faculty of Fine Arts in Istanbul, specialized in oil painting.
-1958-1970, he worked as an artistic supervisor of "Jaish al-Shaab" magazine .
- 1970 – 1979, he was appointed as Fine Arts director in the Syrian Ministry of Culture.
-1958 – 1970, he worked as an art director and a journalism photographer , and after that he became the artistic supervisor of " al-Mawqef al-Arabi" and " al-Maarefa" magazines.
-He was assigned as a teacher of mosaics and wall photography at the Fine Arts Faculty in Damascus.
His works are displayed in:
- Damascus and Aleppo Museums , and the Ministry of Culture in Syria.
- As private collections.
- The Palace of Nations in Geneva and in the Archaeological Museum in Baku.
- Istanbul, Palace of the Governorate of 1954.
- Ankara, lounge Hlekon 1955.
- Damascus, the Association of Artists 1959.
- Damascus, the World Hall of Modern Art, 1960.
- Damascus, the World Hall of Modern Art, 1962.
- Damascus, the World Hall of Modern Art, 1966.
- Damascus, Arab Cultural Center, 1971.
- Homs, Arts Centre, 1971.
- Hama, the Cultural Center in 1972.
- The Syrian Arab Modern Art Exhibition , Moscow, Warsaw, Berlin, Prague, Budapest, Bucharest, 1958
- Sao Paulo Biennali, 1961
- the Supreme Council for the Arts Exhibition , Damascus, 1961.
- Alexandria Biennale for Mediterranean countries, 1961.
- Syrians artists in Sursock Museum , Beirut.
- The Syrian Arab Modern Art Exhibition ,Baku, Azerbaijan, Soviet, 1968.
- Syrian Arab Modern Art Exhibition , Moscow, Leningrad, Warsaw, Berlin, Prague, Budapest, Bucharest, Belgrade, Sofia, and then West Berlin and Paris ,1968 - 1969.
- Syrian Arab Art , New York, 1967.
- Arab art , Kuwait 1969.
- Syrian Arab Art , Cairo 1969.
- Syrian Arab art , Tripoli, Libya, 1970.
- Exhibition of The Three Years of the World Art , New Delhi, India 1970.
- International Festival of the Arts, Damascus ,Ornina ,1972.
- Arab art , Baghdad, 1972.
- Arab art , Kuwait, 1973.
- Syrian Art , the Syrian Association for Arts 1956.
- Exhibition of the top ten groups at the headquarters of the Journalist Union 1970.
–Exhibition of the top ten groups , Beirut, 1971.
Gallery –Exhibition of the top ten groups , the Arab Cultural Center , Damascus , 1972.
- Joint Syrian Iraqi art in Baghdad and then in Damascus in 1972.
State Prize of the Supreme Council of Arts, 1968.
-In 1979 , Naim Ismail died in Damascus, Syria.