March 8, 1963 Revolution, in reaction, at least to the then repeated coups and exploitation of the homeland resources, has indeed been the driving force behind the Syrians aspiration and desire for freedom, equality and justice. 54 years since then, Syria today, notwithstanding all the sinister plots, conspiracies and the foreign-backed terrorism, is still the throbbing heart and bastion of resistance and civilization. The major pivotal role of the Baath Arab Socialist Party and the late President Hafez Al-Assad in March 8 Revolution, and later in the Correction Movement, has and will ever have immense contributions to the current steadfastness of Syria, under the wise historic leadership of President Bashar Hafez Al-Assad, the guardian of all humanity against every evil and terrorism.
In his March 8, 1990 Speech, President Hafez Assad's outlined that by then
- We covered the most difficult stages as we put our shoulders to the wheel and exerted concerted efforts to set things right and balance the books.
- Our belief is deep seated that life is an eternal revolution and man is the essence and target.
- The revolution is the locomotive to change status for a better condition to serve man`s aspirations.
- Speaking of man as an essence and target of the revolution, we tend to think of the youth where we find an optimal personification of man.
- As I described them before, the youth are the hope for the future and the future hope lies in the present.
- Freedom lives along with man and thrives on with his development because it needs a system in life like any other one. Plants grow according to a system; the earth, planets and the human body function according to a very accurate and precise system, but when it malfunctions, destabilization occurs and the system degenerates and collapses altogether.