60 British women may have joined IS militants: Official

LONDON: Sixty British women and girls, including 18 teenagers, are believed to have travelled to war-torn Syria to join Islamic State militants, the UK's top counter-terrorism police officer said, according to the Economic Times.

Deputy assistant commissioner Helen Ball, senior national coordinator for counter-terrorism, said that about five of them are 15 - 16.

The figures came as fresh CCTV images emerged of three London schoolgirls who secretly caught a flight to Istanbul after slipping out of their homes last month.

It is thought they were smuggled into the country, large swaths of which are controlled by IS, near the Kilis border crossing.

ISIL plans to invade Lebanon, declare emirate, report says

The ISIL Takfiri terrorists are reportedly preparing for military operations to invade Lebanon and declare an “emirate” there in the near future.

The scheme was revealed by Lebanese security sources cited in a Monday report by the local Daily Star news outlet, which further pointed out that the Takfiri militants have demanded support from affiliated terrorists in northern Syria to achieve their intrusion objectives.

Iran supports efforts to end Syria conflict: Larijani

Iran’s Parliament (Majlis) Speaker Ali Larijani has reaffirmed the Islamic Republic’s support for every effort to help find a political solution to the prolonged conflict in Syria.

In a Sunday meeting with Syrian Ambassador to Tehran Adnan Mahmoud , Larijani said Iran’s parliament has always been closely following up on the developments in Syria and “backs any mechanism necessary to help the Syrian government and nation under the current circumstances.”

US policy on Iraq led to creation of ISIL: Chomsky

The United States’ policy of war and sanctions against Iraq destabilized its civil society and provoked the sectarian divisions which led to the creation of the ISIL terrorist group, according to famed American linguist and philosopher Noam Chomsky.

Chomsky, who is also a cognitive scientist and political commentator, made the comments in an interview with journalist David Barsamian published by the New York-based Jacobin (magazine). The complete interview will be broadcast by Alternative Radio.

Russia Blames The West After IS Mass Beheading In Libya

Russia's Deputy Foreign Minister Mikhail Bogdanov has said the West is to blame for events that led to the recent mass beheading of 21 Egyptian Christians in Libya, according to -- Joanna Paraszczuk, Radio Free Europe Radio Liberity.

"This, of course, is all a consequence of what has been done by Western partners," Bogdanov said, describing the events in Libya as '"very alarming."

According to the TASS news agency, Bogdanov made his comments on February 16 in the wake of the release by Islamic State group militants in Libya of a video showing the apparent execution-style beheading of a group of Egyptian Coptic Christians.

US public opinion is creature of media

The American public opinion is so much a creature of the US media, says Don DeBar, an anti-war activist and radio host in New York, press.tv reported.

DeBar made the remarks in a phone interview with Press TV on Monday while commenting on a new Gallup poll which shows 18 percent of Americans consider Russia as the “greatest enemy” of the United States and view its military power as a growing threat to US interests.

US imperialism and the catastrophe in Libya

This weekend, the Islamic State (ISIS) released a video of the horrific beheadings of 21 Coptic Christian workers seized in the town of Sirte in eastern Libya. This barbaric act was the latest in a series of such killings, including the beheading or immolation of hostages from the US, Britain, Japan and Jordan, according to Joseph Kishore, the world socialist web site.

The latest ISIS atrocity has triggered predictable expressions of shock and anger by news anchors and editorialists in the United States, along with further massacres. Within hours of the release of the video, Egypt, led by US-backed dictator General Abdel Fattah al-Sisi, launched a wave of air strikes killing 64 people, including seven civilians.