Barack Obama labels Donald Trump's coronavirus response a 'chaotic disaster'

Former US president Barack Obama has attacked the Trump administration's response to the coronavirus pandemic, describing it as an "absolute chaotic disaster".

Obama made the comments during a conference call with 3,000 former members of his administration.

To read the whole article click the following:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05-10/barack-obama-attacks-donald-trump-over-coronavirus-response/12232314

Inas Abdulkareem

Bachelet: Terrorist organizations using COVID-19 pandemic to regroup and escalate violence against Syrian civilians

GENEVA, (ST)- UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Michelle Bachelet expressed serious concern on Friday that the terrorists organizations, including ISIS are using the COVID-19 pandemic as an opportunity to regroup and inflict violence on the population in Syria, describing the situation as a ticking time-bomb that must not be ignored by the international community, according to the United nations website.

  Bachelet made it clear that most of the terror attacks have taken place in the northern and the northeastern regions of Syria which are under the control of the Turkish occupation and its mercenaries or the control of the Kurdish-led "Syria Democratic Forces" (known as Qasad in Arabic).

In addition, the terrorists of the so-called "Turkistan Islamic Party", backed by the Turkish regime, destroyed the tower of the Zayzoun Thermal Station in Idlib countryside two days ago and they dismantled and smuggled Syrian irrigation networks.

Qatar’s migrant workers beg for food as Covid-19 infections rise

Desperation and fear mount in the Gulf state as thousands of labourers are left with no job, no money and no way out.
 
Low-wage migrant workers in Qatar, one of the richest countries in the world, say they have been forced to beg for food as the economic fallout of the coronavirus pandemic takes a devastating toll, following a surge in the outbreak that has seen one-in-four people test positive.

US Pentagon: US forces killed 130 civilians in 2019

WASHINGTON – U.S. military operations killed about 130 civilians and injured 91 others in Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan and Somalia last year, a Pentagon report unveiled on Wednesday, while the Amnesty International in the US stressed that the U.S. was still undercounting civilian casualties.
108 civilians were killed during the US military operations in Afghanistan in 2019, with 22 others killed in Iraq and Syria, and two civilians killed in Somalia, according to the report, Reuters said.

ISIS terrorists used a gorge in north-eastern Syria to dump the bodies of people

ISIS terrorists used a gorge in north-eastern Syria to dump the bodies of people it had abducted or detained, according to report published yesterday by BBC.

The report indicated that researchers began an investigation after being sent a video in 2014 showing a group of militants throwing into the gorge the bodies of two men summarily killed by ISIS.

The Trump Regime Redeploys Its ISIS (Terrorist) “Freedom Fighters” to Iraq, Courtesy of the Pentagon

For over 40 years, Iraqis suffered from the scourge of US wars by hot and other means with no let-up, millions perishing, an entire population immiserated.
 
The Iraqi government and vast majority of its people want their country back — free from US occupation and imperial control.

Chinese army expels trespassing US warship from Xisha Islands, urges it to fight COVID-19 at home

The Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) on Tuesday expelled a US warship that trespassed into Chinese territorial waters off the Xisha Islands in the South China Sea as the US' move could have easily caused an accident, a Chinese military spokesperson said on Tuesday, who also urged the US side to focus on COVID-19 prevention and control at home rather than destabilizing regional security and peace.

The US Navy's recent operations near China show its own fear of losing presence and influence in the Asia-Pacific region amid multiple COVID-19 outbreaks on its warships, analysts noted.

The PLA Southern Theater Command organized naval and aerial forces to follow the US guided missile destroyer USS Barry when it trespassed into China's territorial waters off the Xisha Islands on Tuesday, said Senior Colonel Li Huamin, a spokesperson of the PLA Southern Theater Command, on Tuesday.

They followed and monitored its course, identified the ship, warned and expelled it, Li said.